Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What Happened to September?

I realized, just now, that September was a blog-free month for me. Huh. I guess a few things happened in September that facilitated this happening. One, I had homecoming. Now you may say "Homecoming is one day. What's the big deal?" Let me tell you. It was on the twenty-fourth of September. Before August was half through, I had myself a date. Not the problem. The last weekend in August, I went out and bought a dress with my mom. Also not the problem. The first weekend in September (Labor Day weekend, for those who need a memory-jog) was the beginning of the hell that was the Homecoming process. Friday night was spent with a group of people, at a mall, being hit on by a creepy waiter at California Pizza Kitchen (another matter altogether), all frustrated, and nobody bought a dress. That Saturday was spent with myself and four other ladies. We drove almost an hour to go to a mall that was far away, spent the entire day shopping, left with two pieces of cheesecake, four thousand calories of Panda Express' Chow Mein, and three dresses. Every single one of us had a mental breakdown at some point, some of us had more than one. They were over body size, weight, price, anything and everything. Two girls engaged in a physical fight. Two sales clerks got into a fight in front of us. One girl fell up a down escalator. A ring was stolen, either accidentally or purposefully, we'll never know. So that was my Saturday....

Sunday was a lazy day, I had a Skype date with my boyfriend and hung out at my friend's house for his birthday.

Monday may have been the worst. There were four of us at the mall. Countless breakdowns. Two girls tried on the same dress in different colors and loved it. One had already bought a dress, but wanted to keep looking. One fell in love with that dress, and it was the only one that she liked. She ended up buying it. The other girl, after having a breakdown about her weight, bought a hundred-dollar dress for about twenty dollars. She loved the dress. The third girl bought a dress that she will wear to Prom, and borrowed her Homecoming dress. Overall, lots of tears and lots of stress.

But the Homecoming struggle didn't end there. After fighting over where to go to dinner and other things like that, one of my friends got into a huge fight with three of my other friends. The one friend made a lot of people all kinds of upset, and she ended up splitting from the Homecoming group. We eventually got it resolved, about three days later, but those were three SUPER stressful days, let me tell you. She rejoined the group and went with us.Then there was drama over the afterparty/plans after the dance. That got smoothed out too, but it was just a constant struggle of something. I then had to go buy all sorts of ties. I went with several of my guy friends to go purchase ties to coordinate with their date's dresses.

Don't get me wrong: I loved every minute of it. It was just all-consuming of my time and energies. So that was how I spent my September. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment