Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What is it about today...

 Two of my best friends texted me within the half hour saying things have gone to hell with their (ex)boyfriends.

One was coaxed into meeting with her ex, was told that everything was going to be different, that they'd take it slower, then (from her story) was tricked/talked into giving him head. She's in shambles, furious as all hell, and lashing out.

The other friend's boyfriend is being all uncommitted and unsure of where his life is going. She's not asking for definite answers, she's just sick of being shut out of the present based on the unknown factors in the future. She called me in tears. I was able to get her back on her feet, so to speak.

This brings into light a revelation that I had today. Regardless of anything that past friends/boyfriends/what have you  have done to me in the past, or how much hurt they've caused in my life, I would much rather see them happy than upset. I'd much rather see their lives together than apart. Because once you care for someone in any capacity, friendship or more, you care about their well being. I'm glad to see you're happy. Genuinely. Now you know not only that there's grass on the other side, but it's green as well.

This girl M, however, I would very much like to strangle. More on that one (probably) later!

No comments:

Post a Comment