Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Response

I'm choosing not to engage in a discussion with you about this matter, but if I did, this is what I would say in response to your message, one line in particular in which you said "the fact that you insinuated you could claim I sexually assaulted you when you were blackout drunk has made me lose all trust in you and lose all respect for you whatsoever.":

The fact that you sexually assaulted me isn't a claim I "could" make. It's a claim I did, and still DO make. I made the claim to my therapist and we worked through your abuse for months. It's something that creeps up and haunts me when I least expect it. I tried bringing it up to you at the time it happened and you brushed it off because you had other things to deal with.

I wasn't blackout drunk, I was unconscious because I was concussed. Even if I was blackout drunk, I was still not conscious. But in either case, I was unable to give consent. In either case, I was not in a position to be consciously and consentually engaging in sexual behavior. I was in a vulnerable and unprotected position. And you did take advantage of me. You may not have meant to, and you may not have done it maliciously. But you did engage in sexual activity with someone who was unable to consent. That's sexual assault. The fact you had to tell me that we had hooked up the next day should have been a major red flag.

I don't give a shit if you don't trust or respect me anymore. When you sexually assaulted me, you broke my trust in you. And when you sent me this uninformed, and quite nasty, message, you completely obliterated any and all respect I had left for you. So honestly I don't care what your opinion of me is. Think what you want.

The fact is, I left that encounter feeling taken advantage of. I knew that if I had been in a mindset to make rational choices, I would not have chosen to hook up with you that night. The fact I have made different decisions on other nights does not invalidate the fact that on that night, I would have said no. That's the reason why I made that claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment