Friday, May 23, 2014

This Year

This year was the worst year yet. This school year. It had it's ups, but it had its deep downs as well.

This year:

My depression came back in a really hard-to-deal-with way, and I was luckily able to call someone when I most needed it.

I changed majors. Which is definitely for the better, but the academic courseload got about three times harder, and I got less and less sleep as I progressed through the year and the semester. Which made life hard to deal with.

My baby sister's growing up and that's freaking me out because she's going to college.

I was sexually assaulted by someone that I trusted.

I got a concussion. The week before finals.

A friend that was really close to me was just generally very very shitty and out of left field. 

For the first time in my life I've had to come to terms with some things that weren't so pretty, namely that I am human. This means that from time to time, I fuck up. Bad. I make choices that I can't stand behind the next day, and there are times where I look in the mirror and I'm not proud of the person that's looking back at me. I've been trying to learn not to beat myself up about it, but it's taking time. It's a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment